Digital Construction Week 2016 – Hackathon Showcase
26th – 27th October – London
Hack_Construct provided a hackathon showcase at Digital Construction Week (DCW) on the 27th October 2016 to raise awareness on the current and future benefits of hackathons within the construction industry. The showcase aimed to galvanise and promote the success of UK construction hackathons to date, including cross industry innovation, digital/ tech skill transfer and community network development.
On the Day
DCW round table discussion ‘The role of hackathons in a digitally evolving construction industry’
The 45‐60 minute round table discussion was held during day two of Digital Construction Week and attended by an invited set of industry digital innovators, challenge partners, Hack_Construct mentors and media observers. A focused discussion debated a number of topics based around:
- Hackathon models and success in other industries.
- Ability of hackathons to create and drive innovation in the construction industry. Required resources and support for new industry digital startups and SME innovators.
- Methodologies to transform ideas into business opportunities and open source solutions for industry.
- The future construction digital skills gap, and how we are attracting new tech talent.
Innovation Theatre ‘Construction Hackathon Showcase’
The showcase occurred on the Innovation Theatre stage towards the end of day two and featured the following:
- An overview of UK construction hackathons to date.
- A showcase of previous hackathon winners and post win developments. Key summary of the round table discussion.